React Native Mobile Developer
Dcentric Health is a start-up company which has a mission to transform the patient experience of healthcare by leveraging the unique benefits of blockchain to empower patients to have access to understandable, engaging, and complete medical records, and unlocking big data opportunities for medical researchers, governments, and insurers.
Our two state-of-the-art blockchain-powered mobile applications (for patients and doctors) currently cater for clinical laboratory results and are being piloted at the American Medical Center (AHI). These apps enable patients to retrieve all their current and historical laboratory results, gain insights into their results (such as trend analysis on a blood test) and securely share their data with their doctors, being able to manage who has access to their data at any time. For more information on our apps, see our website: https://myaria.health/
We have recently been grant-funded to develop a Health Data Analytics Platform which would provide advanced insights on the nation’s state of health at an aggregate data level, hence we are recruiting our first employees to initially be part of this project and then to grow with the company as we expand our offering to patients and the medical world.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative blockchain start-up as it grows from product development to in-the-market phase. As a start-up company hiring its first in-house developer, we are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible mindset and offer an opportunity for you to have a strategic influence on how the product and company will develop – offering you development and growth opportunities as well.
You will be responsible for taking on our existing React Native code base (MERN stack). During the 5-month contract you will optimise the code base and enhance it with key features to be immediately implemented to end users. After this stage, there will be a major upgrading of the app and you will have the opportunity to be a key member of the team which will create the next generation product.
This is not a traditional corporate job, but a team effort to make an impact on the world and bring true value to patients and the healthcare industry. We take a project-based approach to working; working together to identify clear goals which each team member needs to achieve, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy.
You will work remotely with regular team meet-ups in person and virtually, including inspiring “deep-dive” sessions where we all work together to envision and create the future of the products. We are flexible on hours and only care about results.
Initially, this is a 5-month contract however it is likely to be extended to a permanent role and you will be notified of this well within the 5-month period.
Roles and Responsibility
- Clean up and enhance code and documentation of current React Native apps
- Maintain and optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Perform standard app maintenance such as security updates, bug fixes and audits against the latest iOS and Android versions
- Write clean, testable, high-quality code in order to implement new features and enhancements (working from mock-ups)
- Work closely with external developers and UI/UX designers
- Develop quality assurance procedures including implementing automated and integrated testing solutions
- Configure and support web API connections
- Identify areas for modification in our existing applications and communicate changes needed (Continuous Improvement process)
- Contribute to the strategy and long-term vision of the code design and full architecture
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with MERN Stack; Various JS libraries including Node.js, Express.js; Typescript; ESLite; major NPM packages e.g. i18next; Cloud Infrastructure including AWS EC2 and S3; GitHub
- Experience with AGILE methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of English. Greek an advantage
- A self-starter who can work autonomously being able to identify all needs to ensure smooth running and improvement of the apps
- Knowledge of HL7 data structures, an advantage
- Knowledge of blockchain, an advantage
Please send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your cover letter please include when would be your earliest possible start date.