Systems Application Administrator
Dcentric Health is a start-up company which has a mission to transform the patient experience of healthcare by leveraging the unique benefits of blockchain to empower patients to have access to understandable, engaging, and complete medical records, and unlocking big data opportunities for medical researchers, governments, and insurers.
Our two state-of-the-art blockchain-powered mobile applications (for patients and doctors) currently cater for clinical laboratory results and are being piloted at the American Medical Center (AHI). These apps enable patients to retrieve all their current and historical laboratory results, gain insights into their results (such as trend analysis on a blood test) and securely share their data with their doctors, being able to manage who has access to their data at any time. For more information on our apps, see our website: https://myaria.health/
We have recently been grant-funded to develop a Health Data Analytics Platform which would provide advanced insights on the nation’s state of health at an aggregate data level, hence we are recruiting our first employees to initially be part of this project and then to grow with the company as we expand our offering to patients and the medical world.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative blockchain start-up as it grows from product development to in-the-market phase. As a start-up company hiring its first in-house IT personnel, we are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible mindset and offer an opportunity to make the role your own and get involved at a stage of development and growth – offering you development and growth opportunities as well.
You will be responsible for architecting and maintaining our AWS servers, deploying and managing our mobile apps and web platform (e.g. CICD pipeline), deployment and testing of API integrations with new medical facilities, as well as general support to the company on regarding installing, updating and troubleshooting all our software and hardware.
This is not a traditional corporate job, but a team effort to make an impact on the world and bring true value to patients and the healthcare industry. We take a project-based approach to working; working together to identify clear goals which each team member needs to achieve, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy.
You will work remotely with regular team meet-ups in person and virtually, including inspiring “deep-dive” sessions where we all work together to envision and create the future of the products. We are flexible on hours and only care about results.
Initially, this is a 7-month contract however it is likely to be extended to a permanent role and you will be notified of this well within the 7-month period.
Roles and Responsibility
- Architecting and management of AWS servers
- Setting up and management of blockchain nodes (training provided)
- Deployment of app upgrades
- Monitor the technical performance of the Aria mobile applications and our enterprise platform ensuring they are consistently and efficiently running
- Troubleshoot application issues and system errors, resolving or escalating as necessary
- Support the configuration of APIs between medical institutions and our applications, involving liaising with Electronic Medical Record software providers and external developers
- Installation and technical training of our solutions to medical institutions and enterprise clients
- Support day-to-day operations including general internal software and hardware installations and maintenance
- Monitor and manage data and application backups, prepare for disaster recovery and problem management.
- Ensure security through access controls, back-ups and firewalls
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with: Microsoft Office, Wordpress, AWS including EC2, S3, etc
- Relevant AWS Certification, an advantage
- Technical troubleshooting and hands-on experience with deployment of mobile applications (e.g. CICD pipeline)
- Excellent knowledge of English. Greek language, an advantage
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity best practices
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the business.
- Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use experience, to streamline operations.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within your cover letter please include when would be your earliest possible start date.