Full Stack Developer
Dcentric Health is a start-up company which has a mission to transform the patient experience of healthcare by leveraging the unique benefits of blockchain to empower patients to have access to understandable, engaging, and complete medical records, and unlocking big data opportunities for medical researchers, governments, and insurers.
Our two state-of-the-art blockchain-powered mobile applications (for patients and doctors) currently cater for clinical laboratory results and are launched at the American Medical Center (AHI) and Ygia Polyclinic Private Hospital. These apps enable patients to retrieve all their current and historical laboratory results, gain insights into their results (such as trend analysis on a blood test) and securely share their data with their doctors, being able to manage who has access to their data at any time. For more information on our apps, see our website: https://myaria.health/
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative health blockchain start-up as it grows from product development to in-the-market phase. We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible mindset and offer an opportunity to make the role your own and get involved at a stage of development and growth – offering you development and growth opportunities as well.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our backend application which provides APIs to our mobile applications and web application. This application is created using Node.js with Typescript and is using MongoDB for the database. You will also be responsible for developing and maintaining our web application which is used for administrative tasks by us and our partners. This application is also using Node.js with Typescript for the backend and no frameworks are used for the frontend.
You will be working closely with our mobile developer to provide required data or implement required functionality as needed on the API application.
This is not a traditional corporate job, but a team effort to make an impact on the world and bring true value to patients and the healthcare industry. We take a project-based approach to working; working together to identify clear goals which each team member needs to achieve, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall strategy.
You will work remotely with regular team meet-ups in person and virtually.
We are looking for a part-time employee at this stage with expectation to become a full-time employee in the next 6 months. Hours can be discussed.
Roles and Responsibility
- Developing and maintaining API application
- Developing and maintaining web application
- Managing the database models and structure as needed
- Monitor the technical performance of the two applications ensuring they are consistently and efficiently running
- Troubleshoot application issues and system errors, resolving or escalating as necessary
- Perform other duties, as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Experience with the Express framework
- Experience with REST APIs
- Excellent knowledge of English. Greek language is an advantage
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity best practices
- Experience with Health Information Systems (LIS/RIS/HIS) a strong advantage
- Aptitude for solving problems and acting on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being an effective communicator, able to deal with stakeholders at all levels, both within and outside the business.
- Ability to suggest alternative solutions, innovate and use experience, to streamline operations.
Please send your CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com. Within your cover letter please include when would be your earliest possible start date.